Golf`s All Time Winners



Who are golf`s all time winners?

I was curious about the total career wins on the PGA Tour. So, I looked up the stats using Wikipedia.

I knew that Tiger was closing in on Jack Nicklaus but wasn`t sure where he stood compared to Sam Snead.

Here`s the top ten list from Wikipedia: (name & # of wins)

1. Sam Snead-82
2. Jack Nicklaus-73
3. Tiger Woods-65
4. Ben Hogan-64
5. Arnold Palmer-62
6. Byron Nelson-52
7. Billy Casper-51
8. Walter Hagen-44
9. Cary Middlecoff-40
10. Gene Sarazen-39
10. Tom Watson-39

This list shows how great Tiger is, 65 wins at the age of 33 and 13 playing years. It took Jack 25 years to accumulate his 75 wins. Tiger has 12 years to catch him! If Tiger is healthy, he could catch Jack in 2009 or 2010 for sure.

I`m a big Jack Nicklaus fan, but Tiger is really something special and on his way to being the best ever!

Two names that surprised me on the list are Cary Middlecoff and Tom Watson. Obviously, they were both excellant golfers but I didn`t think I would find them in the top ten of golf`s all time winners.

I`m looking forward to the 2009 season already!

Let me know who surprises you on this list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Golf Swing Tips - What Powers the Golf Swing?

Here is an excellant explanation of power in the golf swing by Paul Wilson. Paul says: In this video you'll find out whe...